Kurt Patino has been managing the careers of actors since 1998. Rothman/Patino/Andrés Entertainment launched on May 1, 2008. Before RPA, Kurt had co-created LINK TALENT GROUP (LTG), a full service Talent Management Company, on June 1, 2004. Kurt has 13 years of experience in the Talent Representation business.
- Do you actually submit your clients, any of them for commercials, and if so… what “level” of priority does that task have in your day?
- Do you make it a habit to get into exploratory artistic conversations with your clients regarding a particular character or role… or do you leave that to them, their training, and/or private coach.
- If an actor has no legit Film/TV credits, under 30, and moves to Los Angeles what do you think their realistic goals should be in LA after 12 months of living here?
- Do you feel an obligation to all your clients to get them an agent, and if not, what are the circumstances in which you do or don’t?
- Your wife just happens to be both a successful actress and a client, so in that vein, what is or has been your philosophy on representing “good friends.”
- I know you have an interest in Producing projects, so the question is does that mean finding projects for your clients, or having your clients bring you projects they find… and you get financing?
- What was your 1 or 2 main reasons for moving from being an agent to a manager?
- Aside from your wife, what is the most “personal” thing you’ve done for a client, and do you feel it is a “fair expectation” for actors to feel those types of acts are “part of your job” as a given?
- If you have a potential new client, and you are VERY interested in them, but when you sit down they do not want to have certain aspects of their career earnings (such as Commercials) get commissioned by you because they had a strong pre-existing commercial career… what do ya say?
- Define, in today’s digital industry, packaging to you versus how a larger company like Brillstein — Grey may define it… if there is a difference?
About the Guru
Kurt Patino has been managing the careers of actors since 1998. Rothman/Patino/Andrés Entertainment launched on May 1, 2008. Before RPA, Kurt had co-created LINK TALENT GROUP (LTG), a full service Talent Management Company, on June 1, 2004. Kurt has 13 years of experience in the Talent Representation business. He started as a Film/TV agent at Defining Artists/Bobby Ball Agency. Kurt’s focus has always been to provide his talent with the relationships and advice necessary to guide them to the top levels of success. Kurt excels at managing the client’s career, while marketing their strengths, and motivating excellence in their work. Success stories throughout his career have included America Ferrera (“Ugly Betty”), Farah Fath (“One Life To Live”), Kelly Stables (“Two And A Half Men”), and former Oscar nominee Patty McCormack (“The Bad Seed”). Kurt is a graduate of U.S.C. (University of Southern California), and his background covers all areas of the moviemaking process, from scriptwriting to post-production. Kurt has written and produced various short films for ifilm.com, his latest production being a webisode series/pilot presentation called “Soul Fire Rising” which STARZ Digital Media will distribute in the fall of 2011. Kurt grew up in Los Angeles and loves sports, always rooting for L.A. Teams, yet having a special affinity for the Angels and Clippers, because they always seem to be the underdogs. Kurt plays softball once a week.