Craig Wyckoff has headed his own agency for more than 30 years, with the most recent incarnation being Craig Wyckoff & Assoc., a highly respected Theatrical (Film/TV) and Theatre agency.
- I know you feel that a solid booking ratio was always 10% of your auditions, but since the turn of the century you changed it to 5% or 1 out of 20. Why do you feel that changed?
- Do you try to assist a client who is in a booking slump, if so how, and if notÖwhy not?
- Does the average age of the current casting community in Hollywood maybe affect your daily job based on how you communicate or that you perhaps that you feel they don’t know what they’re doing, if at all?
- Do you think your client list is a reflection of you and your style and personality or do you think you just choose clients based purely on talent n’ type needed?
- Give me an example or two of what agents face when dealing with that delicate balance between negotiating money and billing?
- How do you feel, as an agent, about one of your younger clients wanting to be on a Reality TV show, as a regular?
- Do you have clients who are SAG eligible, and do you encourage them to put SAG on their resume? If so why or why not?
- You’ve been an agent for over 30 years. What is the number advantage of that type of veteran in today’s Hollywood and what is the biggest draw back to be “around that long” when you’re not an agent at CAA or WME?
- If/when a client leaves an agent after achieving some tremendous success what is the typical reason, and what might be a few of the common legal issues with outstanding money?
- What do you think, in your opinion, is the most important thing about the contents of the daily BreakdownsÖthat “joe actor” does not really understand?
About the Guru
Craig Wyckoff has headed his own agency for more than 30 years, with the most recent incarnation being Craig Wyckoff & Assoc., a highly respected Theatrical (Film/TV) and Theatre agency. Craig also represents a handful of writers and directors. He really has a handle on his client list and knows how to best market them for long term success. Craig is very personable, entertaining with a strong personality and big sense of humor. He is both a Rabbi and a lifelong musician, who can still tell you today who the “hot new band” is out there for teens. Craig Wyckoff & Assoc. is not for new people with little or no credits, unless you are eighteen looking younger and incredibly good looking or as Craig likes to say,” are a member of the Gd squad.” Initially back in the late 70’s Craig’s first agency was called Craig Wyckoff and Associates. In the 80’s he had Marshak / Wyckoff, co-owned with Darryl Marshak in Beverly Hills. After that Craig expanded his company to Epstein, Wyckoff, Corsa, Ross & Assoc and now he has come full circle. He hails from Texas, and was initially a successful actor who trained and honed his skills at Julliard. He knows and understands what true talent is as well as being an absolute expert veteran regarding the business of this industry. Craig is a terrific goal for any actor to have in terms of future representation for their career.