Kevin E. West has been a part of the acting and Hollywood community since 1987. He has been involved as a working actors and consulting with actors for years. It is very rare in Los Angeles to have a sincere and knowledgeable source in such a fragmented and confusing industry. He has been involved with SAG on a committee level, heavily involved with past work strikes, and has stayed close to all actor issues since the early 90s. Aside from all of the work he has performed as an actor it is the desire for expertise and giving back which makes a private with him so valuable. When it comes to expertise, assessment, and action plans you're in great hands. The subjectivity of Hollywood makes quick and accurate career answers almost impossible. Every day a career question or scenario will come up that requires a fairly quick decision. This is where having a private can come in handy.
Booking a Private Consultation
Sit down with Kevin E. West and fast-forward your career decisions and results.
Guidelines and cost-
- LA membership rate is $100 per hour or $50 per half hour. (120 or 60 TIP points, respectively, to Cash-in)
- If you book a series of (3) 1-hr privates, covering no more than 45-day period, get all three for $250.
- If you book a series of (3) half-hour privates, covering no more
than 45-day period, get all three for $125.
(TIP points may be cashed in for privates. Please see the TIP Chart in the Members portion of the site.)
- The non-member rate is $150/$75.
- Privates are booked through our front office, via email at least 7 business days in advance.
- Forms of payment are cash, local checks, debit cards, money order, cashier's check, Visa, or MasterCard.
- Privates are only booked between Tuesday and Friday, and most often between 9a - 6p.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required. (If the 24-hour cancellation policy is not met 15 minutes will be deducted from the private. If this policy is abused more than twice, your private request may not be honored in the future.)
- The private starts at the time booked. If you are running late, that is time lost by you.
Steps required for getting booked:
- To request a private consult, email The Actors' Network.
- The subject line of the email should read: Private request. (Please do not include any other questions or inquiries in this email only what is requested below.)
- Review the monthly Network calendar to see the obvious conflicts for Kevin.
- All private requests require at least 2-4 SPECIFIC days/dates/times that are good for you.
- State with whom you would like the private and whether or not you want a 1/2 hour or full hour.
- Please also list 1-3 of the subjects you'd like to cover. This does not have to be the complete list, just a few.
- Someone will get back to you within 3 business days.
- A reply to confirm you have received their confirmation will be requested.
- Please bring all recent actor materials with you along with your day runner, planner or PDA.
- We recommend you also have some written idea of how much and what you have done to this point to pursue your career.
Private Consultation Subjects n' Ideas
Below are a few subject or categories suggestions for your private. These are not required, you may have just a list of questions or any topics you wish to discuss. This is just a guide to give you an idea of the scope you have at your disposal.
- Organizing your home/office.
- Creating a specific actor work week game plan.
- Assessing which areas of this industry to pursue.
- Short, mid and long range goal strategy.
- Reviewing your photos, materials etc.
- Better use of the phone and/or drop offs.
- Creating a target list for TV.
- How to more effectively write notes.
- How to better handle yourself at representation meetings.
- Issues with your representation.
- Audition material or handling a callback.
- Creating specific marketing tools for you.
- Editing your demo reel, and reviewing material.
- Customize your interview skills and topics.
- Customize specific marketing for a specific show.
- Analyzing your actor-time pie.
- Helping with tough decisions or issues.
- Financial core or other union issues.
- How to better use The Actors' Network.
- How to produce your own showcase or show.
The key to an effective and productive private is you having a fairly clear idea of what you want to cover, as well as a real clear way to express what you feel you have already done as well as what you'd like to try anew.