The Actors' Network Online Membership
Join As an Online Member
The Actors' Network was created in May of 1991, by Kevin E. West and has grown to become the most endorsed actor's business organization in the country. Our mission with our Online Membership is to offer you, wherever you may live, the opportunity to learn more about the professional legit community called Hollywood. Yes, acting is the Show, but the Business is ultra important to understand and pursue if you have a desire to work in this marketplace someday.
Online membership is purely focused in two main areas for you, and that is what you can learn from our Blog and what you can learn or utilize from our Databases. With an annual cost of only $60, this is a very affordable option to accessing key information and gaining specific insight into the legitimate Hollywood community. Do take the time to review the Benefits listed below, as well as reading over the Disclaimers. We truly want you to understand our focus and purpose as opposed to just blindly throwing money at websites.
FOR A LIMITED TIME become an Online member for two years ($100) and get a FREE copy of The Actor's Guide to GETTING THE JOB, co-authored by Kevin E. West.
Complete the online application below, be sure to fill in all of your mailing address information requested in the application, and you will receive your hard copy two-hour instructional audio program within two weeks.
If you would like to become an Online Member then all you need to do is CLICK HERE to commence the application process, and in just minutes you'll be ready to go.
Please be reminded that The Actors' Network online membership is not an online casting service. It is a database, intelligence, resource, educational online service with the utmost respect and endorsed tradition in Hollywood since 1991.
Benefits of Online Membership
- Kevin's BizBlog
- Kevin E. West, the Founder/President of The Actors' Network, has worked in virtually every aspect of entertainment as a professional performer. Most of his credits are in hour drama television, but it also includes 1/2-hour television, soap operas, studio feature films, independent union films, modified agreement films, stand-up comedy, improv/sketch, national commercials, voice-over, motion capture, hosting, industrials and many others. In addition to performing he has produced several large events, dealt with major union negotiators, spoken all across the U.S., and is the co-Author of The Actor's Guide to GETTING THE JOB (2-hr. Audio CD) as well as the creator of ActorBizGuru.com. He is considered the foremost opinion leader regarding the business of show business, in Hollywood. His blog is priceless.
- Expert Guest Blog
- Over the history of The Actors' Network, many of our members have achieved immense success such as Masi Oka (Heroes), Christopher Gorham (Ugly Betty, Covert), Maggie Grace (Taken, Lost), Amir Talai (Harold and Kumar), Chad Brokaw (Alltel Spokesperson) and many many others. We have a handful of extremely talented Lifetime members in specific areas that also contribute to the TAN Blog. This can be voice-over, one-person shows, hosting, social media and several other areas. These are terrifically talented and insightful actors who have spent years training and learning the business at The Actors' Network and then implementing that knowledge so as to create successful careers in their specific area. Their contributions to our TAN blog are worth their weight in gold, and yet another outstanding benefit.
- Private consultations
- We are listing Private Consultations in your benefits section but that is to remind you that while they're not included with online membership we don't want you to be unaware of the potential option available to you. If you are nearby, in or visiting the Los Angeles area you're more than welcome to book a private consultation with expert Founder/President of The Actors' Network, Kevin E. West. Review the text, rates, follow the instructions, and our office staff will be more than happy to schedule a private for you..
Online Membership Disclaimers
There are a lot of websites you can find that offer supposed benefits for a fee. We understand your potential confusion as well as you desire to get as much as you can for your money. However it is important to The Actors' Network that you not waste your money with a lot of promises or options that are not really going to serve you. Please remember that if you do not live right in the general 50-mile radius of Hollywood and are available for auditions within hours of notice, then it is almost impossible to be considered by Hollywood.
Bear in mind with the success of such shows like American Idol (a singing show) and other such entertainment or reality shows that come to your city or go somewhere to find participants, that is very very different than being a performer pursuing legitimate film, television, commercial or daytime television work in Hollywood. Because of this pure factual reality we have created an entire disclaimer section below, so that you have a better understanding of not only why we offer what we do, but why we also do not try to charge you for supposed benefits you don't need.
- Calendar Events
- Online membership does not include any activity at our West Hollywood studio or any calendar activity you see on our website. If you would like to transfer your online membership at some point to a studio membership you may do so. Simply email us: info@actors-network, and we'll set up an Orientation reservation for you and then we'll proceed from there and apply all remaining online membership credit to your studio membership. But regardless of our Twitter or Facebook page notices, be clear that Online Membership does not include calendar events.
- Online Demo Reels
- With the explosion across the world with digital technology and the internet it is no longer necessary to pay a separate company or website to have any demo footage of you online. We strongly recommend that you have your own website, with your own name and this way anyone can find you easily all over the world. Additionally if you're not represented by a legit representative who is going to include you demo reel file with a professional submission for an acting job, then the casting/producing community simply will not take the time to watch your demo reel because they would have to pro-actively go find you buried in some company's website. This the reason why we don't spend extra money to host or hold your demo reel file, and therefore do not need to charge you additional dollars to do so.
- Online Photos
- With the explosion across the world with digital technology and the internet it is no longer necessary to pay a separate company or website to have a photo of you online. We strongly recommend that you have your own website, with your own name and this way anyone can find you easily all over the world. Additionally if you're not represented by a legit representative who is going to actively submitting you for legit acting jobs, then the casting/producing community simply will not take the time to sift through thousands upon thousands of actors buried in some company's website when with your own website it is one click and there you are front and center. This the reason why we don't spend extra money to house and allow you to upload your photo and therefore do not need to charge you additional dollars to do so.
- Casting Workshops
- Since the inception of The Actors' Network on 5/1/91, we have never been a performance casting workshop company. Aside from our philosophical differences with the concept of the casting workshop companies it is simply not what we do regarding our Studio Membership as well as any elements of our online membership. We are dedicated to honest, ethical information and education for the performer. As a 20+ year multi-award winning organization, it is our mission to remain a beacon for truth and honesty in Hollywood.